Well we have been hitting the slopes A LOT this year. We started right after Thanksgiving and haven't stopped going. We were lucky enough to be able to afford season passes to Dollar thanks to my hard working sexy husband! It is also nice that kids under 4 ski free so Porter & Carter are still free with us. So it was only two adult passes and one youth pass. We have just loved skiing. We started the season just Hunter, Porter, Brad, & I. Our goal was to get Porter independent enough on skis that I could take Carter between my legs. Well Porter took two weeks and went right on his own skiing. He had a couple nasty falls but he figured out how to stop and be stable on his own. We are so PROUD of him.
Hunter has been skiing for a couple year once or twice a season not much but enough to be on his own and is a great skiier just a bit of a dare devil already. He is always going way too fast and always in the un-groomed sections and loves jumps. Below is a photo of Hunter pulling Carter to the top of the hill so we can get on our skis to go skiing.
Hunter is taking ski lessons which is nice cuz I get 2 1/2 hours each Saturday without him to work just with the other two. So far his lessons have been a nightmare. He is in this very disobedient stage. Last Saturday his instructor lost him twice and one he rode the lift on his own. Lets say he is a bit TOO independent. After Brad talking with Hunter's instructor and lots of tears later Hunter has decided he can be good. We are praying he really can stop being stubborn cuz his need to be so independent is not safe! Hunter is pushing Brad to new limits as this is his first year skiing. Brad has boarded once in and while in the past but we all decided to set a goal to really go out this year hence why we bought season passes we would feel obligated to go since we already spend our money on it. It has worked out great so far we spend every Saturday on the hill and even an hour school on the hill till the mountain closes. The bummer is our skiing here ends all by 4 so by the time kids get out and 2:30 and I get to Ketchum and them ready we are looking at 3-3:15. So by then we 45-1 hour skiing. We still do it cuz it is so nice to get out and ski all together.
Well since I got Porter on his own I am now taking Carter. It took Carter one week to catch on to skiing and then he REFUSED to ski between my legs and was on his own skiing down the bunny slope. It is so cute. Plus Saturday he conquering figuring out how to turn. He is SO cute out there. He is so tiny but is so fast. Carter is just 2 but sure is a little man already. Also on Saturday Carter skied his first time down quarter dollar one of the lift runs all on his own...one major fall and some tears but he loved it. He got down and asked to go back up. He is such a miniature dare devil two. It is scary to me how fearless he is already what will I do with him when he is Hunter's age and in that even worse dare devil stage?! I will pray he lives to his teen years.

On to Brad he is learning to ski this year as well and is doing amazing. He decided to take some local clinic ski lessons to pick it up faster and now he skiing like a pro. We love having daddy skiing with us. I love it cuz now we all can get out on the mountain whenever we want. It is such a great thing for us to do as a family. We spend less time in twin or anywhere else cuz we just cant get enough of the mountain! Plus now we are recruiting more friends and their kids to start skiing with us. Last Saturday on top of our kids we got Jeff Shiver and his two girls Grace & Claire up skiing with us. I got Grace skiing all on her own in one day. We hope to keep having them join us a lot more because it was a blast. Well I took video so I have to get it all ready to be posted later plus I am planning to take the kids skiing alone tomorrow since it is a day off of school we love holidays...so we plan to catch some better video tomorrow until then enjoy our cute photos of my amazing boys skiing!


Hunter has been skiing for a couple year once or twice a season not much but enough to be on his own and is a great skiier just a bit of a dare devil already. He is always going way too fast and always in the un-groomed sections and loves jumps. Below is a photo of Hunter pulling Carter to the top of the hill so we can get on our skis to go skiing.Well since I got Porter on his own I am now taking Carter. It took Carter one week to catch on to skiing and then he REFUSED to ski between my legs and was on his own skiing down the bunny slope. It is so cute. Plus Saturday he conquering figuring out how to turn. He is SO cute out there. He is so tiny but is so fast. Carter is just 2 but sure is a little man already. Also on Saturday Carter skied his first time down quarter dollar one of the lift runs all on his own...one major fall and some tears but he loved it. He got down and asked to go back up. He is such a miniature dare devil two. It is scary to me how fearless he is already what will I do with him when he is Hunter's age and in that even worse dare devil stage?! I will pray he lives to his teen years.

On to Brad he is learning to ski this year as well and is doing amazing. He decided to take some local clinic ski lessons to pick it up faster and now he skiing like a pro. We love having daddy skiing with us. I love it cuz now we all can get out on the mountain whenever we want. It is such a great thing for us to do as a family. We spend less time in twin or anywhere else cuz we just cant get enough of the mountain! Plus now we are recruiting more friends and their kids to start skiing with us. Last Saturday on top of our kids we got Jeff Shiver and his two girls Grace & Claire up skiing with us. I got Grace skiing all on her own in one day. We hope to keep having them join us a lot more because it was a blast. Well I took video so I have to get it all ready to be posted later plus I am planning to take the kids skiing alone tomorrow since it is a day off of school we love holidays...so we plan to catch some better video tomorrow until then enjoy our cute photos of my amazing boys skiing!



So adorable!!! I'm glad you can enjoy the snow since you have to live in it.... :)
ReplyDeleteHahah I love the boys!
ReplyDelete